- 1 Definition
- 2 EOAT Options
- 3 Tooling Set Up
- 4 ClickSmart Gripper Kits
- 5 Sawyer Standard Tool Plate
- 6 Legacy Gripper Kits
End of Arm Tooling (EOAT) refers to any device that is attached to the end of the robot's arm that allows the robot to interact with parts in the environment and assists in the completion of a task. End of arm tooling may vary greatly between applications depending on the parts being handled and the actions the robot is required to perform.
- Rethink Robotics offers Five (5) ClickSmart Gripper Kits: that contain all the components you need to quickly build and customize gripping solutions for a wide range of tasks.
- ClickSmart Plate kit for third parties to develop on
- Sawyer has an industry standard ISO 9409-1-40-4-M6 tool plate for mounting custom designed end effectors.
Tooling Set Up
- EOAT must be properly installed and configured in the End Effectors Panel
- Note: EOAT must be specifically configured in order to maximize robot performance and task repeatability.
ClickSmart Gripper Kits
Low Power Mode Considerations
When the robot is in the Low Power Mode, please make sure the end-effector does not draw more than 1 A of current continuously from the ClickSmart Plate. The useful life of certain components in the robot arm may be reduced when this limit is exceeded.
Sawyer Standard Tool Plate
The Sawyer's standard tool plate is designed per the ISO 9409-1-40-4-M6 standard bolt pattern.
The standard tool plate enables mounting for the following options:
- ClickSmart Plate and ClickSmart family of grippers
- Rethink Robotics Adapter Tool Plate for basic Grippers (EPG and VCG)
- Third party custom end of arm tooling designed to mount to ISO 9409-1-40-4-M6
Standard Tool Plate Dimensions
Legacy Gripper Kits
Legacy grippers require an Adapter Plate for installation on to Sawyer's ISO 9409-1-40-4-M6 standard mounting plate.
To learn how to configure legacy grippers for use in Intera, please visit Intera Studio End Effectors Panel.
Legacy Gripper Adapter Plate
- The Adapter plate is keyed so that it will only fit on the Training Cuff in one orientation.
- Four bolts are included to mount the plate. Use the 5mm Allen wrench to tighten the four bolts.
- The Adapter Tool Plate with 4 bolts weighs 155 grams.